September 17, 2014

Screen printing patterns

At uni at the moment I am doing a screen printing elective (we are required to do one elective outside of our course a semester). I am absolutely loving it... I have always loved patterns and its good to just do something hands on. So with my pattern/theme I wanted replicate nature and natural things so it is screen printed on linen/cotton mix. The subject matter is me trying to simplify things I have seen such as, the bottom one is the long grass that grows at my home back in Gellibrand... it has these long stands of seeds at the top of stalks. The ball ones, my sister Ynez told me looked like dandelions but actually were drawings of the red berry bushes I see on my walk to uni, but I see what she means. These are just two (the only ones I've done so far) out of six swatches that I have to do. Then we pick our favourite and print 2 metres of fabric. Looking forward to next Monday's class to do some more!!
Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment