July 19, 2014

Strawberry diaries and student skills

So this week I have been trialling doing some foiling for my logo and have been working on creating the stationary set. It's just going to be silver foiling not the fancy holographic foil, which is the most annoying thing to try and photograph! I do all my foiling at home as it is too expensive/ places won't do short runs so its a useful technique to know. I was thinking I might do a post showing how to do it as I have promised many people to show them how to emboss at home so may as well show a range of skills. Ahh all the things you learn how to do as a design student.

When buying some supplies for Officeworks, I came across these really cute visual diaries (with no lines!!) which last night I decided to draw all over as I try and figure out/work past my mental block for my logo commission piece. It worked, plus I now have a cute strawberry sketchbook... what more could I ask for!!



No comments:

Post a Comment