October 27, 2015

Paris presents and a little drawing

Both Mum and Ynez are back in the country - Here are some of the gifts I received when they came back. The butterfly was from mum to say thank you for all the help with the book and being the postie for any orders in Australia. The butterfly is really beautiful and vibrant, and has matching colours to my growing picture wall in the living room. The postcard was from Ynez as I asked her for a postcard of Monet water lilly painting which she also got me a book of some of his work. I suppose you have already noticed I really like blue.

“Colour is my daylong obsession, joy, and torment.”
― Claude Monet


We have also rearranged rooms so that Declan (Fraser's brother) has a room so I have been coming across old work and sketches - this lady was inspired after watching the Marie Antoinette movie - all the crazy built up hair with items scattered throughout. The colour purple was also inspired by that - I'm not sure how I feel about the purple, its not a colour I use a lot in my palate of colours. I also treated myself to some flowers this week, it has been a rather hectic 2 weeks for me. Although peonies are rather expensive, they are so very beautiful and delicate.

No comments:

Post a Comment