August 1, 2015

Another snapshot month or months



Hello all, I'm back! A combination of winter's short days, my new longer work hours and still working on Sundays have definitely impacted my creativity. As much as I love them all it has made doing blog posts near impossible as I never have any light when I get home and my weekends are jam packed. I'm about to get a whole lot busier as during the week as I am going to be doing a part time course after work to help me really hone my skills in experience design, no rest for the wicked eh? I realised how much I miss doing this, it makes me feel as if I have achieved my personal creative quota for the month. I also follow all these amazing women who blog, work and raise small children, so I won't let myself make excuses - if they can do all that, I can find time for my stuff as well.

A little snapshot of the last two months for me could be summed up in a few words - work, forced exercise, daily commute, dinner and Netflix. I also turned another year older, this year we had a low key relaxing time. My new job has been amazing, I have the best team mates and its a great work environment - I have eaten the most lollies in my life as the guy I share a desk with has an always full lolly jar - hense the forced exercise :P I am rather enjoying the South Melbourne market being right near work and am now know to come into work with bags of shopping and flowers, that's what happens when you grow up in the country and want to support producers not supermarkets. Travel to and from work adds up to about 3 hours on the train per day, this isn't as bad as it sounds as I have done so much reading because of this. I almost look forward to it each morning - which if anyone is weird like me and enjoys books around mental state I can highly recommend 'Still Alice' by Melody Carlson it was an interesting and sad window into the life of a women living with early-onset Alzheimer's disease. I loved every second of it.

I also went on my first ever business trip to Sydney, there is another office up there. As you can see from the photos it was beautiful weather when I was there and I had a quick walk around before heading to work in the morning. It wasn't as glamorous as it sounds, it was early morning to catch the plane (4am wake up) full day of work and getting to my fancy hotel so exhausted I couldn't even use all the crazy features to my advantage. I got to work on a pretty cool project, with the great team in Sydney so it was all worth it in the end. Otherwise on a normal night I get home at 7.30pm go to the gym for 45 mins and then cook dinner and watch Netflix so not much inspiration there :P I have a book full of projects I want to start so hopefully I can finally make my through some of those, one step at a time. It is all starting to get easier now as the days get a little longer and I get into a bit of a routine. Thank you for being patient and I hope we can all inspire each other through the cold months of winter!

No comments:

Post a Comment