March 10, 2015

Handmade books

Now that all the books are off, and soon to be in the hands of their owners, I thought I would show you some of the handmade books that were created from the pozible campaign. After many hours of fiddling, knotting, aligning and I stabbed myself at least 10 times making these, I think the end product was worth it. The stitched spine added to the nature of the book, and the textile pieces inside really added something special to the whole piece.

These were the final commitments I had to complete for the Pozible campaign. It has been a stressful and exciting ride; of which I learned so much and I can't help looking back and thinking how the hell did I get that all done in such a short time frame - considering both my final folio and the book deadline were so close together. Now I have time to get back to working on my own projects... Of which I have many ( I have had a little kick of inspiration recently). I have also finally started making my house the way I want it to look, having recently purchased a whole lot of indoor plants, which Fraser now tell me I have officially become a hipster. The internship is also going great, learning new stuff all the time and the people I work with are really lovely. Today I'm content with me life, sometimes I feel like we don't spend enough time realising when we are happy and not thinking of the negatives all the time. On that positive note, I hope you also have a great week everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment