July 31, 2014

New vases... well better go buy some flowers!!

Hello all, I hope this works as I have been trying to post on here for two days now and it seems to be playing up, so hopefully 5th time lucky. I wanted to share with you some beautiful vases I bought from Urban Cartel on the weekend at the finders keepers market (sorry about the low quality and the fluro orange-it was pink but RGB says no..?). I have always bought these little guys as gifts but decided I should finally buy them for myself. The finders Keepers market this year was jammed packed, and I must say the people were quite pushey...which I don't get as it's not like an exclusive sale and I must say killed the experience for me a little.


Well It has been an interesting week, have been very busy working on the Musing in Textile: France book which we are crowd funding through pozible, click here for link. Sorry I am going to post about this book quite a bit as I really want it to get funded. Its a great project and I have had fun designing and learning as I go along.

In first semester, one of my electives was design for social change in which we worked with oxfam to try and create a strategy to build awareness of food security in youth. I found out yesterday that I was one of five students who have been asked back by Oxfam to further discuss our findings and research. This is very exciting as it has been looming over me the past couple of weeks that my course is finished at the end of October and the real world begins. So it was nice to have that little confidence boost that maybe I'm starting to bridge that gap between designer and student.

No comments:

Post a Comment