January 24, 2016

My safe little shore



Hello All - we have been busy little bees the last couple of weeks as we have been wanting to move house, we have been finding it a little cramped as of late and thought it was time for a change. We are off to sign the lease tomorrow so I have been busy trying to pack things up slowly as we won't be taking time off work to move.

Apart from this I have found out some pretty important news, something of which I had given up hope that I would ever know. Though I don't really want to release the specifics of what it is just yet I thought I would explain a little of my thoughts. With all that's happened I have been thinking a lot about who I look like from the outside, what sort of person do I appear to be and what does it mean for me at the moment. How will things change, will they change and most of all how do I feel about it? I'm usually the one who help others when they have issues, but as Fraser tells me time and time again when it comes to my feelings I'm usually not very open about them until I know what they mean and how to deal with them. I saw this quote the other day, and though I am someone who usually hates inspirational quotes, it struck a cord with my life currently.

"Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore." - Andre Gide

It not only struck me in this situation, but that I need to push myself to explore more of what my role as an experience designer means, can I still pursuit my goals as an illustrator whilst working in a full time role, can I really achieve both? It has also made me think about goals I have always wanted to do, but never taken the time to break down - like living overseas for a year. I wish I had all the answers right now, but I feel I have to lose sight of my safe little shore to be able to achieve them. All I know is that 2016 might be the most exciting, hardest year yet - but I feel I am ready to face it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment